This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Klimaløftet.no is the Norwegian governmental information campaign on climate, climate change, and measures needed to reduce climate gas emissions.
Overall goal of the CO2nnect
The long-term purpose of the campaign is to improve the understanding and practice of Education for Sustainable Development.
To achieve this, schools are offered an international, internet-based school activity in which schools, researchers and local decision-makers cooperate on the topic of CO2 emissions from local transport. By joining the campaign, your school will be part of the work by SUPPORT network to learn about effective Education for Sustainable Development.
Objectives of CO2nnect
The concrete objectives of the campaign are to:
- Engage a large number of schools, pupils, parents and communities to work with sustainable development in the field of climate and transport
- Increase pupils’ competencies in ways described in the learning goals
- Increase schools’ competency to deliver high quality ESD
- Provide ICT based tools including guidelines, links, a CO2 transport emissions calculator and opportunities for partnership
- Generate information useful to research and management about transport- and climate issues (including an international database on CO2 emissions from school transport)
- Generate innovative ideas for sustainable transport