Suggested steps for making a school project related to CO2nnect:
- Get familiar with the parts of CO2nnect and how to use the web pages
Define the project
- Do we want to focus on a particular aspect of the climate/transport issue?
- What local area will we cover?
Will we cooperate with other schools?
- Do we already have partners who would like to cooperate on this project?
- Should we use ”E-twinning” and other EU Comenius internet tools to find partners and networks?
- What shared topic, idea or activity could we cooperate on?
What local partners will we cooperate with?
- There are many possible local partners: municipal or county authorities, politicians, parents or other members of the community, NGOs (non-government organisations), educational institutions, research institutions, or local resource people.
- Talk or meet with these people to discuss possible topics, collect information and decide how we will work together
Make a plan for the project
- What are the steps to do?
- Do we need any equipment? How will we get it?
- How will we organise the work?
Carry out project activities, for example
- Introductory activities: get to know each other and share experiences
- Measure CO2 on the way to school, enter the data into the database
- Use the campaign tools to analyse and compare our results with others
- Ask researchers questions about the results
- Use the reflection questions to guide further work and discussions
- Meet and work with local partners
- Develop our ideas for improving the transport system and reducing climate emissions
- Carry out activities to reduce climate emissions from transport
Make a final product using any kind of media (text, graphs, maps, figures, models, photos, videos/film)
- Our results from CO2 on the way to school
- ”Our climate idea” for reducing climate emissions from transport
Present our work to others
- Make an exhibit, video/film, poster, article, report, or other presentation
- Get into the local media (newspaper, radio, TV etc.)
- Put it on the internet – the campaign website or other sites
- Post information locally
- Meet again with all of our partners and present our work, results and climate idea